As the famous pop singer Olivia Rodrigo once said, “it’s brutal out here.” This line is especially true for project managers dealing with unreasonable stakeholders, unrealistic deadlines, and limited resources.
In order to help us cope, we have created dozens of original project management memes about relatable topics. We also compiled the best memes out there, along with some TikToks. Because misery loves company, but it also loves memes.
We’ll kick things off with the meme that acts as an autobiography for many of us and then categorize the project management memes by theme.
1. When something I used to do for fun and enjoyment becomes my whole career.
Deadline & Scope Project Management Memes
2. Shhh… it’s okay honey. The scope creep can’t hurt you.
3. Hindsight is 20/20.
4. When will we learn that optimism is our worst enemy?
5. Time is a construct and the deadline is flexible.
6. Always in control, just don’t ask what the original deadline was.
7. Give me attitude one more time, and I’m slashing your feature.
8. Wink, wink. Nod, nod.
9. Work smart, not hard.
10. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
11. You just become numb to it after awhile…
12. You can do it all perfectly and still fail. That’s the gig, kid.
Project Management Memes About Stakeholders
13. When the CEO wants to look at your project plans…
📌 PRO TIP:
Create Gantt charts, roadmaps, and reports that stay in sync with your Jira project plans. Visor makes it easy to keep stakeholders in the loop without giving them access to your Jira instance.
14. *Says Your Idea But Louder*
Source: Work Chronicles
15. Always go over budget and over time.
16. The only sane way to deal with stakeholders.
17. The cycle continues…
18. When Jake in finance has a feature request…
19. So happy you’re excited! No, I’m not crying!
Jira & Agile Project Management Memes
20. Bet you didn’t have a “Won’t Do” status though, grandma.
21. “It was in the Jira comments” Ok, Jan.
22. If your tasks don’t have tasks, you’re not doing it right.
23. Random idea? There’s a ticket for that.
24. Not calling out anyone in particular 👀
📌 PRO TIP:
Make bulk edits to Jira tickets in minutes and manage your backlog using the simplicity of a spreadsheet.
25. All Jira users speak the same language. If you don’t? You can’t sit with us.
26. Omg, I love when people make tickets just to close them. ❤️
27. Some people just like to watch the world burn.
28. It’s called sprint rollover and all the cool kids do it.
29. Not my inbox, not my problem. Adjust your Jira notification settings?
30. My projects be too thiccc.
31. If I don’t have a ticket, what is my purpose?
32. As a project manager who can’t read, I don’t see the problem with this meme.
33. Shameless plug.
34. I will die on this hill.
35. Agile is all about…agility.
36. Either way, you lose.
37. Hot take: I said what I said.
38. Blink twice if you’re okay, Dev Team.
39. Anyone not in Project or Product Management:
40. We don’t know what it means either.
41. Your feedback is supposed to be about how amazing we are.
42. We’re all mad here, but we wouldn’t choose any other way. #TeamAgile
Project Management Memes About Deployments
43. How deployment days look.
44. How deployment days feel.
45. If a deployment goes perfectly, you definitely missed something.
46. Why do today what you can put off til the next phase?
47. Best thing you can say to me in an interview, tbh.
48. Please let me have a moment of peace after the MVP launches!
49. All we want is a gold star.
Memes About Overworked Project Managers
50. I’d rather just be part of the RIF at this point.
51. DO YOU SEE WHAT I’M WORKING WITH HERE?
52. They’re coming right? Right? …Guys?
53. There’s never enough people. Period.
54. When they tell you a new contract came in with another feature demand.
55. OVER ESTIMATE. ADD PADDING. MAKE NO PROMISES.
📌 PRO TIP:
Avoid overwhelm by automating the tedious parts of your job. Connect the project plans you have in apps like Jira to Visor so that you can make bulk changes, create accurate roadmaps, and avoid manually updating reports for stakeholders.
56. Don’t slack me after 5 pm. 😘
Project Management Memes About Working With Engineers, Product Managers, and Sales
57. Well-loved engineers meet deadlines.
58. “Customer is always right” (or something).
59. Eng, you love us, too, we know you do.
60. Eng, it’s the bare minimum, but we’ll take it.
61. Eng approval means more to us than you’ll ever know.
62. Product: Everyone thinks we have the same job, but it’s all love in the end.
63. Product, I know the user’s issue is urgent but so is my deadline!
64. Words hurt. Users’ words hurt more.
65. Project blames Product. Product blames Eng. Eng cries.
66. Product saying, “It’s on the roadmap!”
67. PUT IT IN PHASE 2 FFS.
68. Product: Why do they always want what they can’t have?
69. Hint: Sometimes it’s the little “O” after the “PM”
70. Sales: Maybe they’re just sensitive, idk.
71. Sales talking about why numbers are down in the Company Overview meeting.
72. Sales: This is not Burger King! You cannot have it your way!
73. Sales: Yeah, happy Summer Friday, guys. We’ll take it from here…I guess.
74. If everything’s a fire, is anything a fire?
Memes About the Unexpected and Timelines
75. You thought you weren’t working this weekend? Cute!
76. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
77. Someone else’s tech debt always becomes your problem.
78. Technically true, right?
79. “If you build it, they will come”…or not.
80. Famous last words: “This will be a Quick Win!”
81. And we would’ve gotten away with it too if it weren’t for you meddling kids!
82. We’re all in this together…as long as we do it my way.
83. When the project plan practically writes itself. 😍
84. I used to be a team player until I went into project management.
85. You can’t have your cake and eat it, too.
86. All I know is timelines and breathing.
Project Management Memes About Collaboration
87. We just want to be included.
88. You think we have time to QA? Oh, you sweet summer child.
89. The meeting that could never be an email (don’t put it in writing).
90. Too many chefs in the kitchen…
91. Can’t work. Must respond to Slack.
📌 PRO TIP:
Connect apps like Jira to Visor so you can provide team members, stakeholders, and clients custom reports that stay in sync with your project plans. Visor is secure and free to get started.
TikTok Humor for Project Managers
92. Engineers love the stand-ups. Promise.
93. I have no idea what’s going on, but I’m going to act like I do.
94. The scariest thing you can do is ask me to commit to a deadline.
If you’ve made it this far along the post, then follow on Visor. And comment on this video to let us know you made it down this far. (Swag may or may not get sent your way.)
95. No comment. I’m too triggered.
96. Someone’s got to do the pointing!
97. I am a salaried adult babysitter. Hold me.
98. You see all the moving pieces? Know why they’re moving? ME! It’s ME.
99. This is a low-key chill day, tbh.
100. Sounds like a “next Sprint” problem.
101. No thoughts, just vibes.
How Visor Helps Project Managers
While we can’t promise to fix every problem that plagues project managers, we do help PMs save time and their sanity. By connecting the project plans you have in SaaS apps like Jira to Visor, you can:
- Automate tedious tasks like making bulk changes to Jira tickets or creating Jira tickets
- Share accurate reports with stakeholders that don’t require manual upkeep
- Efficiently manage your backlog for grooming
- Create custom views for different audiences
A beginner-friendly spreadsheet powers Visor, and our Jira integration takes only minutes to set up. Explore how to be a more efficient and accomplished project manager using Visor. Visor is free, secure, and easy to get started with.